Business Bites: Cattlemen’s Cut opens; True Brew adds location; Travelodge moves in downtown; barrel building could be getting refresh
Cattlemen’s Cut Steakhouse has opened in its new location at 1400 Marketplace Dr. for lunch and dinner.
Owner Julie Meyer put the restaurant into the former On the Border space in the hopes of making it more accessible to regular customers and draw in new diners, she told The Electric in January.
The city has received an application requesting tax increment financing funds for infrastructure work at Buffalo Crossing, which includes the brick barrel building at the corner of Central Avenue West and Bay Drive, across from the federal courthouse.
The property owner, Ken Holman and Paula Gundermann, have requested $712,600 from the West Bank Urban Renewal District.
The overall Buffalo Crossing development, according to the application, will include the renovation of existing barrel-vault building on Lot 1 and multi-story buildings with commercial space on the lower levels and housing on the upper levels for the other five lots.
The property owner is currently working “with a potential restaurant/bar owner who has multiple locations on the western side of the state. They are committed to repurposing and renovating the existing barrel-vault building to become ‘the place’ to drink and dine in Great Falls. We believe that they will become the anchor tenant and the driving force for the rest of the development,” according to the application.
The potential tenant has not yet been named.
The TIF funds would be used for demolition of existing buildings, relocating overhead powerlines, sidewalks and landscaping on Bay Drive, trail access, a common parking lot area and engineering fees, accoring to the applications.
The overall project is an estimated $18.9 million, according to the application.
True Brew is building a second location at 1801 11th Ave. S., according to a building permit application submitted to the city.
The plan is a 1,342 square foot building with a drive-through on both sides, much like the location at the corner of Central Avenue and 9th Street South.
The hotel flag has changed in the 200 block of Central Avenue and Travelodge by Wyndham has taken over the former EconoLodge.
Teriyaki Kitchen is closing, according to a Facebook post by the owners Joe and Un Hui O’Neal.
“It is with a heavy heart that due to circumstances beyond our control we are announcing that the Teriyaki Kitchen is now closed. It has been a pleasure and honor serving you these past 14 years. During this time we have come to consider you friends and family. Sorry about the short notice but we were just informed a few days ago that building is being gutted and remodeled,” they wrote on the restaurant’s Facebook page.