Craft Beer Week starts Sunday, beer writer conference in town this week
Craft Beer Week returns to Great Falls, starting June 2.
The 2nd annual event runs through June 8 and includes the Craft Beer Obstacle Course, Beer Olympics and the Montana Brew Fest.
More information on the event, tickets and beer passports is available here.
This year, the event coincides with the Beer Now Conference, which is bringing about 150 bloggers, writers, social media influencers and beer industry members to Great Falls June 6-8.
The event has previously been held in larger cities, including: Tampa, Milwaukee, San Diego, Boston, Portland and Indianapolis.
“This is an example of how we leveraged the leisure experience that was already happening in Great Falls with the Craft Beer Week,” Rebecca Engum told The Electric last fall. Engum is director of Great Falls Montana Tourism.
This year’s Craft Beer Week schedule is:
June 2: 2 p.m.- Craft Beer Obstacle Course at Gibson Park
- Dinner and cider pairing at Celtic Cowboy, 5-9 p.m.
- Firkin tapping by Mighty Mo Brewing Company at The Club Cigar, 6 p.m.
- Craft Beer Trivia Night at Enbär, 7 p.m.
- Dinner and beer pairing at Centene Stadium, 5:30-9 p.m.
- Firkin tapping by Jeremiah Johnson at The Do Bar. 6 p.m.
- Meet the people behind the beer at the Wine Mill, 6-8 p.m.
- IPA and Sour tasting
- Dinner and beer pairing at Electric City Coffee and Bistro. 5-9 p.m.
- Firkin tapping by Black Eagle Brewery at The Stein Haus, 6 p.m.
- Beer and wine “Not As Different As You Would Think” at 5th and Wine, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Dinner and beer pairing at Jaker’s, 5-9 p.m.
- Craft Beer Olympics “Block Party” at the Block, 5th and Central, 6-9 p.m.
- Meet The BJCP Certified Judges at Mighty Mo Brewing Company, 4-6 p.m.
- Hop on Craft Beer Tour with Montana brewery tap takeovers at each participating location, 18 locations, 6-11 p.m.
- Montana Brew Fest at the Mansfield Convention Center, VIP/conference attendee hour 3 p.m., opens to general public 4-9 p.m.