City considering readvertising facility project since no bids received
City staff is recommending that the City Commission vote to readvertise and rebid the project for repairs at the Public Works Department.
The project consists of:
- removing metal roof and replace with metal roof
- installing new roof insulation
- installing snow cleats
- demolishing and replacing gutters/downspouts/fascia
- refinishing exterior walls
- demolishing and replacing man doors and overhead doors
- installing new weather stripping
- installing vented metal soffits
- demolishing and replacing window/frames/flashing
- replacing skylights
- replacing translucent fiberglass windows and removing and replacing metal siding
- and installing evaporative coolers.
The specifications were advertised twice in the paper but no bids were received.
State law allows the commission could postpone awarding a contract until the next regular meeting after bids are received; reject any or all bids; or readvertise.
Since no bids were submitted, staff is recommending that the project be readvertised and rebid on Sept. 5.
Interior work could be done during the winter, while exterior work would occur in the fall of 2018 or spring of 2019.