Nominations open for Paris Gibson Award
Nominations are now open for the ninth annual Paris Gibson Award, named for the founder of Great Falls.
The criteria are:
- he/she shall be a long-standing resident of Great Falls;
- shall have excelled in his/her area of expertise;
- shall have contributed to the betterment of Great Falls;
- and shall have been innovative and creative in his/her service to the community.
Established by the Paris Gibson Month Celebration Committee to honor a citizen who embodies the vision and excellence of City Founder Paris Gibson, nomination forms are available at the Great Falls Park and Recreation Department, 1700 River Dr. N., at the Great Falls Public Library, 301 3rd Ave. N., or online at https://greatfallsmt.net/recreation.
The nomination deadline is Friday, June 1.
Nominations may be submitted to the Park and Rec or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winner will be announced before the Great Falls Municipal Band Concert at 7 p.m. on June 27 at the Mansfield Convention Center.
- $500, provided by Jimmy and Debbie Filipowicz of Steel Etc., which will be given to a local charity of the winner’s choice;
- a tree, donated by Steve Tilleraas of Tilleraas Landscape & Nursery, planted in West Bank Park in their honor, with a marker donated by Montana Granite and a plaque donated by Greg Hall of Access Fitness;
- and a ride in a vehicle provided by City Motors in the 4th of July Parade.
Previous winners are:
- Doug Wicks, 2010
- Norma Ashby, 2011
- Greg Hall, 2012
- Ian and Nancy Davidson, 2013
- Gene Thayer, 2014
- Bill and Joan-Nell Macfadden, 2015
- Arlyne Reichert, 2016
- Sheila Rice, 2017
For further information contact: Norma Ashby, email@example.com, 453-7078.