Malmstrom airmen selected for nuclear operations awards
Air Force officials recently named the winners of the 2017 Nuclear Deterrence Operations Award and the Nuclear & Missile Operations Award.
All three of the operations awards went to airmen assigned to Malmstrom Air Force Base.
Nuclear & Missile Operations Award winners are:
– Operator: 1st Lt. James Kegyes, 12th Missile Squadron, Malmstrom
– Company Grade Officer of the Year: Capt. Victoria Gaines, 341st Operations Support Squadron, Malmstrom
– Field Grade Officer of the Year: Maj. Jared Miller, 12th Missile Squadron, Malmstrom
The Nuclear & Missile Operations Award honors officers who make the most significant contribution to the nuclear and missile operations career field.
The Nuclear Deterrence Operations Award recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of Airmen contributing to nuclear deterrence operations.
The Nuclear Operations Awards Program is administered and overseen by deputy chief of staff for Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration at Headquarters Air Force.
“Congratulations on a job well done to the winners of the 2017 Nuclear Deterrence Operations Awards and the Nuclear & Missile Operations Awards. The service members and civilians charged with the mission of nuclear deterrence, nuclear strike, and nuclear surety hold a great responsibility in protecting our nation. We’re recognizing the best of the best among that group. Their stellar performance correlates directly to the standards our Air Force expects,” said Lt. Gen. Jack Weinstein, deputy chief of staff for Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration.
These outstanding nuclear professionals were selected from a diverse field within the Air Force’s major commands, unified combatant commands and other agencies including the Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard.
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Award winners are:
– Airman of the Year: Senior Airman Joshua Roberts, 791st Missile Security Forces Squadron, Air Force Global Strike Command
– Noncommissioned Officer of the Year: Staff Sgt. Tyler Dalton, 377th Weapons System Security Squadron, AFGSC
– Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year: Master Sgt. Jeffrey Malone, 39th Security Forces Squadron, U.S. Air Forces in Europe
– Company Grade Officer of the Year: Capt. Daniel Merkh, 509th Security Forces Squadron, AFGSC
– Field Grade Officer of the Year: Maj. Claus Fasting, 701st Munitions Support Squadron, USAFE
– Category I Civilian of the Year: Mr. Jared Cragun, 581st Munitions Maintenance Squadron, Air Force Materiel Command
– Category II Civilian of the Year: Mr. Chad Smith, 377th Security Forces Group, AFGSC
– Category III Civilian of the Year: Mr. Keith Hedgepeth, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, AFMC
– Professional Team: Ground Based Strategic Deterrent, AFMC