Nominations are now being accepted for the Fire Within Awards
The Great Falls Development Authority and Embark Credit Unit honor exemplary women in business annually. This year’s Fire Within Awards will be announced March 29 and nominations are currently being accepted.
The Inspire Award goes to a female business owner in an established business who has made a significant personal contribution to its success, growth or expansion.
“We are looking for a business savvy woman who has helped or is helping other business owners or budding entrepreneurs,” according to GFDA.
The winner will have five or more successful years in business and have mentored at least one other entrepreneur.
Previous Inspire Award winners:
- 2011: Cari Yturri, Bennett Motors
- 2012: Sandra Johnson-Thares, O’Haire Motor Inn
- 2013: Alison Fried, Dragonfly Dry Goods
- 2014: Penny Rubner, Penny’s Gourmet to Go
- 2015: Linda McPherson, Montana Academy of Salons
- 2016: Katy Duncan, Happy Tails Lodge
- 2017: Beth Leathem, Bighorn Outdoor Specialists
The Aspire Award goes to a female business owner with less than five years in business and a successful start.
“Her early success and accomplishments show her creativity, passion and drive,” according to GFDA.
- 2011: Cindy Ceiluch, Cindy Ceiluch Photography
- 2012: Kari lane Johnson, My Viola Floral Studio
- 2013: Tracy Perry, The Blue Rose
- 2014: Janet Neil, Bert and Ernie’s
- 2015: Amber Fern, Fern Photography
- 2016: Heidi Reiste, Electric City Coffee
- 2017: Kattie Meyer, Motifs
Nominate someone for the award or register for the ceremony here.