Lions Family FunFest is Saturday at Lions Park
The 10th Annual Lions Family FunFest is Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Lions Park, 10th Avenue South and 27th Street.
The free event is hosted by the Great Falls Lions Clubs and Great Falls Park and Recreation.
Activities include music, Jolly Rogue Shrine Clowns, balloon art, children’s games and activities, face painting, Three Jolly Jumpers, and prize drawings.
Food will be available for a nominal fee, and the play structures and climbing rock will be available.
Three Lions Clubs, the Great Falls Lions Club, Electric City Lions Club and Sunrise Lions Club, fund the event, along with Embark Federal Credit Union, Montana Federal Credit Union, L’Heureux Page Werner, Strobel’s Rental, Pepsi, and Cherry Creek Media and the Central Montana Radio Network.
The Great Falls Lions Club has worked for many years to raise funds for improvements to Lions Park including:
- Provided $10,000, along with a matching grant of $10,000 from the Park Trust Fund, to build a paved parking lot leading to the Lions Park shelter facility in 1999.
- Purchased nearly 30 memorial trees for Lions members planted by Park and Recreation.
- Annually plants flowers and do general clean up in Lions Park.
- Raised $42,000 to purchase and install a new play structure at Lions Park in 2007. The club and members donated over $10,000 towards the total amount.
- Raised more than $30,000 for the unique climbing boulder.
- Raised $3,200 for the new lion drinking fountain.
For more information, call the Park and Recreation Office, 406-771-1265.